The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing. -Isaac Asimov

Sep 14, 2009

Testing

This is an animation test I made for the "Dark Office" project. It's made directly from the 3D view window, so you can see the rig moving and some "behind the scenes" stuff. This way is perfect for testing 'cause it's real-time, so I don't have to wait for hours to watch some seconds of animation. Of course there are no shadows, lights or textures, those improve the whole scene a lot, masking some of the rig flaws.

I've been doing some more testing too with Indigo Renderer, but definitely I'll be using Blender internal for the final animation, since it's going to be longer than I first expected and even Blender internal takes a lot of time to render each frame -at a medium resolution, medium quality shadows, no Ambient Occlusion, it's taking nearly 3 minutes per frame, meaning 1h15m to render a second of animation.

I'll have less spare time next months but I'm aiming to finish this before 2010. Wish me good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment