The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing. -Isaac Asimov

May 15, 2009

Playing with Blender


Last few months I've been trying out Blender. It's my first real approach to 3D modelling, and though I'm going slow, I'm learning a lot by just trying. The nearest I've been to 3D modelling before was years ago making maps for Counter Strike -they must be somewhere in a backup CD or something... and I wanted to go more seriously with it. I'm still learning the basics, playing with lighting, textures, sculpting... it's fun and an awesome time-waster. Let's hope I waste enough time with it to make it worth!

While learning bezier curves, I made a butterfly and I thought I could make a little animation for testing. This animated gif is the result. Not much, but it moves! Yay!

6 comments:

  1. Once I began 3D modelling too, but I had no time due to school so I had to stop doing it xD Anyway, I think I'm retaking 3D modelling this summer, if everything goes well. And I'll also try to learn japanese again! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, japanese sounds like a hard thing to me. Good luck with that. And 3D, yeah give it a second chance, you never know when that will come in handy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No tenía ni idea, se puede hablar en español aquí? xD Qué gran descubrimiento, ahora podré comentar sin límites gramaticales!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This butterfly is very beautiful, so beautiful or more for women than it was created. Thanks Elek.

    Ewe aqui le pegaremos al spanish, english and japonese si hace falta jajaja.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeje. Yo de japones no entiendo ni papa pero vamos, que si hay que intentarlo, se intenta! xD

    ReplyDelete