The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing. -Isaac Asimov

May 12, 2009

Björk


If you look to the left sidebar you'll see a YouTube player with some videos from icelandic artist Björk. Go check them out if you haven't yet. This woman really knows what she's doing. I'm not very sure how I fully discovered her, but I think it was around the date she realeased her 3rd studio album, Post. Anyway, I first bought Debut, her first studio album as Björk (formerly she was on the Sugarcubes). The lyrics shocked me from the very beginning, but the real strenght for me is in the passionate and intense voice, and how she just makes music with her voice. Shortly after, I was drawing this, her face as seen in a picture on Debut. As usual, I had a paper notebook near and that's what I used for it. Since then, she's been a source of inspiration for me, and a really good medicine for my imagination.

Enjoy. 

3 comments:

  1. I love that draw, I can't stop looking at it xD Hope to see more ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it! Hopefully I'll be updating today - if I can find the time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elek me encanto este dibujo la primera vez que me lo enseñaste. Tienes muy buena mano para el dibujo artistico, no lo dejes de lado. A ver cuando te dignas a hacerme un retrato mio a lapiz xDDDD.

    Besines.

    Siempre Ali_

    ReplyDelete